It was a bit of a chilly, rainy-on-and-off afternoon for our Words in the (wet) Woods workshop. But a daring group braved the elements nonetheless, working with images and memories of trees in our past.
Carrie Snyder, local author, led us through exercises to help us remember the significant trees in our lives. What trees do you remember? What memories, people, events are connected to those tree memories?
Some of my list included:
* the willow tree in our front yard of my childhood home
* the pine tree by the water at Fraser Lake Camp
* the apple tree at my grandparents' house
* the apple tree at my childhood home
* the catalpa tree in my backyard
Some of our writing time was indoors, and some was outdoors in the woods near the pond at Huron Natural Area (this was my favourite time!).
Thanks, Carrie, for an inspirational afternoon of writing in the woods!
Hammers, Huge Swings, and the Freedom to Play